|Sorry Dee I had to cut you out :)|
When asked what gift he wanted for his birthday, the yogi replied: "I wish no gifts, only presence." ~Author Unknown
Tea and Pain au chocolate.
Favorite response to how old I actually am:
You need to stop lying and show me some i.d. (what can I say good black don't crack, sorry my vanilla hued folks).
- Get eyebrows done by Anastasia (costly yes, but damn it it's my BIRTHDAY)
- Listen to my birthday mix which includes only Bill Withers, Beres Hammond and Robert Nesta Marley! Nothing but the best for me!
- Speak to my husband at midnight. He always sings me a song, today it was "I want to spend the night"
- Take a picture of the newspaper headline. This will make it easier for CJ to give me the Cosby-eque birthday party at 60.
- Phone call from my mom asking me how it feels to be (insert age). nothing makes me giggle like that silly conversation.
- Calls from both of my sisters and my homies Dee and GG. Always the funniest, always the best!
- In the last 5 years a dance with CJ. He loves it, though he often ends up break dancing . Go figure.
So that's it. I'm 37 and I feel awesome. I am at a place in my life where there aren't many things I want for or need. I have a family that loves and supports me. A husband and child that adore me as I do them and friends that make the worst day better.