I've never thought of my friends as not being on the same level as me, I feel as though we are on the same journey the path is just different. And in the end I don't think material things, make you superior to any other person. Looking back I remember when my friend DeeDee graduated from law school, if I were one of these girl I would have been all pissed trying to one up her. But being who I am I was so excited, you would have thought I was the one graduating. Anything other than that in my opinion is WEAK! So after all this thinking I thought I might blog about all the things that have been used as a weapon to PROVE they are someone and on a different level.
1. You are not superior because you own a home. Yes its wonderful and all but your owning a home is not something you need to go bragging about thinking it makes you special.
2. You have a wife/husband. Spare me the BS that this makes you on a higher level than the single person. Some people want to be single but because they don't want your life you are better. NOT. And if your marriage is in bad shape don't you think the person that has a faithful loving partner is still inferior to you. pssshhh And for the love of all that is Holy, use his or her name, no one wants to hear "My husband this, my wife that"
3. You have child(ren): God blesses us with children the fact that you raise them, are invested in their education does not make you superior. Its your DAMN JOB!
4. You have a college degree(s) : That's freaking awesome, make sure you tell the kids you keep throwing in every ones face about it. Show it to them daily so they too can achieve that, but stop telling me you are an educated man/woman. ACT Like one instead of stating it all the damn time, especially when you know your DEAD WRONG. PAUSE
5. You have a fancy car: Just more stupidity on your part if you sit around throwing the fact that you have a high end car. Good for you but all I see are your mental issues, because if you really use this as your meter, I feel sorry for you. And what happens if you crash that car and can't get another....do you end up on the lower end of the social ladder. I heard this street pastor today on the train and he made a lot of sense, don't tell people the Lord gave you your new car, because Jesus didn't drive. *that's the short version*This applies to those of you talking about bags, clothes, watches.
I don't care how any of this comes off, I'm not jealous or hating. I'm just tired of friends not knowing how to be friends but frontin' like they do. feel free to post your dislikes in the comment section.
* That's my rant for today, but if you come in contact with me and anything listed above leaves your lips be ready to hear me speak* FAIR WARNING.